Tuesday 17 June 2008

Brushing my teeth this morning I had a thought...



Not knowing where this is going…

Transformation. Obsession. Knowing that people are going to get to see in. Trying to write and having nothing to say, so cementing obsessions instead.

Making home made tomato soup today. 
Making my own dress tomorrow. 
Serving people all night tonight.

Wasn’t there a programme called ‘1940’s House’?

A transformation. How much of someone can you really take in?

Watching Ginger Rogers. Changing my hair. How did it feel to wear a corset everyday? Not having the money to buy stockings so painting black lines down the back of my legs instead and hoping that no one noticed. That I had gotten them straight – I’m not the only one on the street who does this!

Day dreaming, wishing I had a different life whilst painting my nails, with a baby on my knee.

Getting up this morning I chased the mice out of the kitchen. I got my breakfast and sat in front of the radio. Changed nappies. Hand scrubbed my whites, and thought about nuclear war, about going to the moon, a supermarket trolley full of foreign goods, and all of the other actualities that no body had ever dreamed of.

Washing my hair with soap in the shower. Get it Setting, brushed my teeth with bicarbonate of Soda - then I'll blog it all down. 

No comments: