Monday 20 October 2008

Duckie!!

It's been a while since I've updated my blog and thought that it was about time I cracked on and sorted some stuff out.

I've got so much to write about that I'm not sure where to start so thought that the best place would to be with my most recent performance... for Duckie.  Harriet was asked to do a performance there as part of the club night and asked me if I'd like to co-perform it with her - and of course I said yes!!

It was a really amazing experience. It was the first time that I've ever performed in a club and have to say I was really nervous at first, but after my first couple of participants I got the bug! Although Harriet and I had agreed to have a break after half an hour and stop the work at 1:30am we didn't break and worked past 2am!!

I think that sometimes I forget how much I get out of performing other people's work without being a collaborator. It is so nice to have the experience of the work without having the investment of it being your own creation. I feel like it allows for a step back and a true insight into how other practitioners work... which is always helpful! Plus it is a welcome break from my own work at the moment!

I met some amazing people at Duckie and had some very interesting conversations. I have to say that it is my favourite out of all Harriet's performances thus far. It was really neat and the space was controlled and utilised so well (also thanks to Andy Mitchelson). Very simple, very effective.



No comments: